10/20/09

Organic Chemistry



One of the better books out there, especially for Orgo II5
I took this course during the summer and we packed 4 months of Organic Chemistry II into one stressful month.
Of the many texts available for o chem, this one has to be the best. Although it is as thick as the other books, the material is extremely well organized and the author spoon-feeds the information to you. Before every exam all I needed to do was go through all the tables in the chapters and read the summaries at the end of each chapter and I was all set!
If you really don't have the time to sift through dense material and weed out important information, this book will lay everything out for you in a very understandable manner.

Highly recommended!

Used In College4
I actually just took my final for this course 10 min ago. Took this course and used this book in my junior year of college. Book was good but extremely dry. It does explain the nuts and bolts of orgo in a precise and direct manner. Chapters are pretty long averaging about 40 pages each. Within chapters there are practice problems that are very helpful, I suggest buying this with the problem solving guide, because the book only gives answers to it's questions until a certain point beyond that they require you to purchase the problem solving guide. There are many pictures and figures to help you understand the material better.

Thanks Dr. Carey5
This is a great book. I just finished up with my first semester of organic chemistry, and reading through this book made it a breeze.

All of the topics in this book are explained quite well. While reading, there were very few times I would ask myself the "but how come?" question to a topic presented, as I have with many other science text books. All of the topics are presented in a very logical order as well.

For me this book was the no. 1 study guide for class. Before each test I would read through the chapters and the chapter summaries, do some problems; and I would always be well prepared.

My main gripe, however, with this book is the lack of answers to the end of chapter problems. I would have liked to see at least a few answers from each chapter in the back of the book. So I wouldn't have had to dish out more cash for the solutions manual.

About Organic Chemistry detail

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #33102 in Books
  • Published on: 2007-01-09
  • Original language: English
  • Number of items: 1
  • Binding: Hardcover
  • 1312 pages

Organic Chemistry Description

A Market Leading, Traditional Approach to Organic Chemistry

Throughout all seven editions, Organic Chemistry has been designed to meet the needs of the "mainstream," two-semester, undergraduate organic chemistry course. This best-selling text gives students a solid understanding of organic chemistry by stressing how fundamental reaction mechanisms function and reactions occur. With the addition of handwritten solutions, new cutting-edge molecular illustrations, updated spectroscopy coverage, seamless integration of molecular modeling exercises, and state-of-the-art multimedia tools, the 7th edition of Organic Chemistry clearly offers the most up-to-date approach to the study of organic chemistry.

Google
 

Relate Post